You may wish to set up a new business or take over an existing one. If you meet the relevant requirements you may be granted an Entrepreneur Visa allowing you to reside in the UK for an initial period of three years in order to set up and practice trade in your business.
In order to apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa, you must meet the following requirements; –
- Have access to either £50,000 or £200,000
- The funds must be available to invest in the UK
- You must have a certain amount to cover maintenance
- Demonstrate your ability to satisfy English language requirements
- Must produce a carefully thought out business plan
- Must produce evidence of a clean criminal record
A Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa can be complex in nature and it is essential that the application is well prepared and meet all of the requirements.
Many individuals living outside the UK or currently residing in the UK on another visa category may wish to explore the possibility of undertaking business in the country.